What does this mean for you?
As a Client using our services you have rights and we respect that.
- You have the right to be treated fairly and with respect
- You have the right to access your information upon request
We take our responsibilities seriously and we can assure you of the following:
- We uphold client confidentiality
- We provide a safe environment
- We provide a complaints process which is displayed on the walls of our rooms
- We provide a bi-cultural service
- We seek permission from you before doing anything on your behalf
- We abide by the Code of Ethics and Codes of Practice established by the New Zealand Association of Counsellors
All information collected by us is confidential to our agency. As clients of ours we cannot talk to anyone else outside our agency about your situation unless you give us permission first.
The only time we would not ask for your permission is if there are HARM issues: if someone is going to cause you harm; if someone is causing you harm; if you are going to harm someone else; if you are going to harm yourself.
If possible we would tell you of what we are going to do before doing it.
Also, an approved officer of Child Youth & Family has the statutory power under Section 409 1 (d) of the Children Young People & Their Families Act 1989 to examine any documentation or record held by our agency
Contact us or call (09) 407 7511